Questions to Get Us Started
In order for me to serve you best, I’m going to ask you a lot of questions. To make both our lives easier, here’s the list.
Please read through it and think about your answers. Most will be pretty straight forward, but others might take more thought. If you don’t know the answers, that’s ok! We can discuss your options and figure out the best plan of attack.
- Why are you looking to buy a home?
- How many people are in your family? Do you have any school-age children? Are they attending private school or are you concerned with school districts?
- Do you need to sell your home or complete a lease before buying?
- Do you like to communicate best by email, fax, mail or phone?
- What is the best number and time to reach you at?
- Have you purchased a home before?
- What will this move accomplish for you?
- How would your plans be affected if you had to move earlier or later than you intended?
- How would your situation be affected if you didn’t find a home?
- What issues need resolution before the purchase?
- Would you like to buy first or sell first?
- Where are you (and your spouse) employed?
- How far from work do you want to be?
- How long have you been looking?
- After you become qualified for financing, when are you ready to start looking?
- How many homes do you think you should see before you buy?
- What would you do if we found a home on our first time out?
- How soon would you like to move?
- If we find the right property, are you prepared to decide now?
- Will anyone else be helping you make the buying decision?
- What times are best for you to view properties?
- Do you know what your price range is?
- Will you be able to pay with cash or will you need financing?
- Have you been pre-approved for a loan?
- Do you need a lender recommendation?
- Do you rent or own your current home? What is your rent amount?
- Do you have a budget for monthly payments?
The Ideal Home
- Where is your ideal place to live?
- What are your top 5 feature requirements in your new home?
- How many bedrooms do you need?
- How many bathrooms do you need?
- What is the ideal square footage for you?
- What are your parking requirements?
- Do you have a particular style of home in mind?
- What special requirements do you want in a property?
- What feature, or lack of, would immediately rule out a home for you?
- What furniture, leisure activities or hobbies would you like to accommodate with your new home?
- What were your most and least favorite features in the home(s) you grew up in?
- How do you feel about paying current market value for a home?
Just Between You and Me…
- I would like to commit to helping you find your home. Would you be willing to work exclusively with me?
- Are you working with another agent at the moment?
- Would you like to be a customer or a client? To become a client, you need to sign a buyer’s representative contract.
- What has your past experience with real estate agents been like?
- What are the qualities you would like in an ideal real estate agent?