Mortgage ChecklistIn today’s market, it’s impossible to have an offer taken seriously without a pre-approval letter. You won’t be able to obtain a pre-approval letter without the proper documentation. If you’re a serious buyer, here’s a list of things you should start collecting now…
- W-2’s AND PERSONAL TAXES (1040’S) including ALL SCHEDULES for the last 2 years
- Most recent 2 years BUSINESS TAXES including all schedules
- Most recent pay check stubs (2)
- 2 Months bank statements; savings, checking, and 1month 401K statement for verification of liquid assets.(ALL PAGES)
- Social Security Award letter (if applicable)
- Pension Award Letter (if applicable)
- Bankruptcy discharge papers (if applicable)
- Business license (if applicable)
- Homeowner’s fire/hazard insurance declaration page
- Mortgage statement for all mortgage loans. (ALL PAGES)
- HOA Statement (if applicable)
- Copy of your Driver’s license
- Copy of Social Security Card
To gauge whether or not you’re a serious buyer, please refer to the following breakdown:
- If you located all necessary documents before refreshing your Facebook feed twice, you’re ready. Call me.
- If you located all documents after refreshing your Facebook feed twice, but before posting a status update about trying to locate two years worth of tax forms, you’re pretty serious. Call me.
- If you took the time to update Facebook and post an Instagram picture from the restaurant you went to prior to locating all necessary docs, you’re semi-serious. Email me.
- If you sent your significant other a link to this page, and didn’t bother finding anything, and then played Candy Crush for 90 minutes, you’re not ready. Have your significant other email me.