Sherman Oaks Real Estate Advice
Looking to buy or sell a home in Sherman Oaks? That’s swell! It’s where I call home too!
A Little Bit About Sherman Oaks, CA
Sherman Oaks, close to two major freeways, serves as a gateway to the San Fernando Valley.
The community is perhaps best known as the home of the Sherman Oaks Galleria, which was recently transformed from a fashion mall into an open-air shopping area combined with office space.
The community is considered by many as the undisputed residence of the Valley Girl, a cultural label popularized by the song and 1983 movie of the same name.
Two large shopping malls are in the area and numerous smaller boutiques and plazas line Ventura Boulevard, providing residents and visitors with endless window-shopping opportunities.
Sherman Oaks is 13 miles from downtown Los Angeles.
Primary and secondary schools
Sherman Oaks’ primary and secondary public schools are part of the Los Angeles Unified School District.
Public elementary schools in the area are:
- Chandler Elementary School
- Dixie Canyon Elementary School
- Kester Avenue Elementary School
- Riverside Drive Elementary School
- Sherman Oaks Elementary School
Public secondary schools in the area are:
- Millikan Middle School (Sherman Oaks)
- Van Nuys Middle School (Sherman Oaks)
- U. S. Grant High School (Valley Glen)
- Van Nuys High School (Van Nuys)
The Sherman Oaks Center for Enriched Studies is actually located in Reseda (between 5–10 miles north-west of Sherman Oaks).
Private and parochial schools in the area are:
- The Buckley School
- Church of the Chimes
- Notre Dame High School
- Emek Hebrew Academy
- St. Francis DeSales
- Sherman Oaks Lutheran
- Sherman Oaks Presbyterian
- The Nurtury
- Armenian Evangelical Schools of California
- Bridges Academy
- Cambridge School
- Ferrahian Armenian High School
- St.Cyril of Jerusalem
If you want to cut to the chase, give me a call at (310)926-2386 to talk shop.